In 2021, OMV Petrom maintained its position as the largest energy company in Southeastern Europe, acting along the entire energy value chain: from exploration and production of oil and gas to refining and fuels distribution, and further on to power generation and marketing of gas and power.
Our mission is to provide the energy needed for day-to-day modern life: light, heat and fuels for mobility. Moreover, we are proud to be one of the top ten employers in Romania, as well as one of the largest taxpayers and private investors in the country.
Headquartered in Bucharest, Romania, the OMV Petrom Group had a turnover of RON 26 bn, with a CAPEX of RON 2.8 bn in 2021. The integrated business model of the Group, with Upstream, Downstream Oil and Downstream Gas as its three business segments, ensures its financial resilience in a volatile context, and helps provide an uninterrupted supply of energy to society.
- In 2021, our Upstream activity is present in Romania, Bulgaria, Georgia and Kazakhstan1, with main operation activities occurring in Romania within seven domestic assets operating 152 commercial oil and gas fields, including onshore and shallow offshore exploration & production and deep offshore exploration.
- At the end of 2021, our portfolio consisted of 419.1 mn boe proved reserves and around 47.2 mn boe hydrocarbon production, including 3.2 mn tons of crude oil and natural gas liquids and 3.7 bn m3 of natural gas.
- In May 2021 the sale of our 100% shareholding in Kom-Munai LLP and Tasbulat Oil Corporation (holding the production licenses for four onshore fields, respectively Komsomolskoe, Aktas, Tasbulat and Turkmenoi) in Kazakhstan was completed.
- In the Eastern Black Sea, we signed a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) for Georgia Offshore Exploration Block II in March 2021.
- Additionally, in December 2021 the transfer of 40 marginal onshore oil and gas fields in Romania was closed.
- As part of our Downstream business, we operate Petrobrazi Refinery, located in Prahova County – Romania, with a capacity of 4.5 mn tons per year capable of processing OMV Petrom’s entire Romanian equity crude oil.
- Our retail included a total of 787 filling stations located in Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria and Serbia, operated under two brands: Petrom and OMV.
- In 2021, we reached 5.34 mn tons of refined product sales, of which 2.94 mn tons were retail sales.
- Our Brazi Combined Cycle Power Plant (CCPP) is a gas-fired power plant that has a capacity of 860 MW, and it is located in the same area as the Petrobrazi Refinery.
- In 2021, the Downstream Gas segment recorded gas sales volumes of 48.94 TWh (including 38.42 TWh to third parties) and generated 4.79 TWh of electricity, a record high since Brazi power plant start of operations.