Why is this important?
Diversity is an enormous strength that we are actively leveraging to create business value. At OMV Petrom, we truly recognize the role that age, nationality and gender diverse groups have in challenging the “status quo” and bringing new ideas to the table.
OMV Petrom has established its Group Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategic direction with a focus on gender and internationality. Our commitments include the increase of the share of women at management level, and an increase in the next generation of talents, while increasing employee experience and engagement.
We measure annually age, nationality and gender diversity of our employees and diversity in management positions.
We also measure parental leave for both women and men.
Multi-year dedicated programs: Core & Advanced Mentoring Program, Cross Company Mentoring Program, SHEnergy
New programs – in 2021: Diversity & Inclusion Week, Diversity Talks, Inspired by Diversity, Many Facets of You
Internal trainings and interactive events to communicate on diversity, equity and inclusion topics were provided during our annual Diversity and Inclusion Week.
We also launched a series of events with the aim of building up a community around Diversity, Equity and Inclusion topics.
The Group Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategy for 2030 is to be launched in 2022.
Diversity in Recruitment – workforce diversity is one the objectives in our recruitment processes.
All our programs dedicated to students and young professionals had in focus the gender diversity aspect. Each program aimed to ensure an equal share of women and men.
In 2021, we continued and developed our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion journey. We tackled a more practical and specific approach towards inclusion, by addressing the needs of a more diverse population in our organization.
- Diversity & Inclusion Week – online interactive events aimed at raising awareness on diversity, equity, and inclusion topics. We launched a short movie, “4 Generations Talk”, celebrating the diversity of thoughts, generations, and cultures in our organizations.
- Diversity and Inclusion Talks – series of events where we invite professionals with extensive experience in the field to share best practice examples.
- Targeted training programs like SHEnergy for supporting female leadership skills. The program focuses on active inclusion skills and emphasizes the power of mentoring and networking as development measure for our female leaders. Our leadership team fully supports this program, and, in this edition, female representatives of our Board were guest speakers sharing their professional challenges and great learnings in terms of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- #TheManyFacetsOfYou is our campaign to celebrate diversity and promote inclusion, aimed at celebrating the multi facets of each other.
- Core & Advanced Mentoring programs – skills and competences development by working together with an internal Mentor, chosen by the Mentee
- Cross Company Mentoring Program, a7th edition – creates learning opportunities, knowledge sharing, skills development for employees with different backgrounds and levels of experience and it develops new support networks across different functional areas of the company, empowering both women and men to achieve their highest leadership potential.
- Mentoring Program for students organized as part of OMV Petrom Excellence Scholarship
- “Inspired by Diversity” Podcast series featuring executive management discussing on the status quo and finding common ways to shape the future of the company.
- Update of the intranet page dedicated to Diversity & Inclusion with new resources, such as Kids’ Corner – The initiative aims at supporting work-life balance & parenthood, by providing tips, tools, talks and encouragement for the parents in their journey to raising kids or dealing with specific challenges along the way.
- A Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Quick Poll was created and deployed at the end of 2021. The survey was structured on three main sections – Diversity & Equity, Inclusion and Improvement Possibilities – encompassing questions that were considered relevant in regular and global DE&I practice. We also added an “Open Comments” area that will play an important role in defining further actions to enhance Diversity, Equity and Inclusion @OMV Petrom.
- 30.6% women at management level.
- Net Promoter Score of 8.50 (based on answers from 3,717 employees).
- Participation in our centrally managed mentoring programs consisted of 108 participants (core and advanced pools), 6 mentors and 5 mentees (cross company), 49 students and 26 mentors (excellence scholarship – with over 2,000 hours invested).
For 2022, we plan to continue our programs related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and to develop new action plans based on the OMV Petrom specific results and answers received from Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Quick Poll. We also plan to review our KPIs on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.